Domestic Chef – Cooking Class
Domestic Chef provides cooking courses for your domestic assistant. We teach your domestic assistant basic cooking skills, kitchen hygiene and kitchen safety. We teach basic recipes but at the same time encourage versatility and initiative when preparing food. Classes are fun and interactive and does wonders for your Domestic Assistant’s confidence in the kitchen. Each delegate is personally involved in the preparation of the dishes taught. WE LEARN, WE COOK, WE ENJOY!!!
WE LEARN, WE COOK, WE ENJOY!!!
NG Eldoraigne Family church, Henri road, Eldoraigne, Centurion
The venue is close to major taxi routes (Old Jhb road, Ruimte weg) and Wierda Park Taxi rank. Private classes: Centurion Golf Estate
Group Class format
Delegates can register for the ‘4 Session Basic Cooking Course’ in group format (no more than 8 delegates per class). Classes take place on a Wednesday from 8:00-13:00.
Delegates can register for PRIVATE 1:1 classes, consisting of 4 sessions, scheduled per our and our client’s availability
- Delegates receive a recipe file with easy to follow recipes. The recipes are in English and Zulu with graphical illustrations, which means the delegates do not have to be literate in order to attend the course
- A Domestic Chef apron to use during the course
- A certificate, specifying the dishes and skills that were learned and successfully completed
Coffee, tea and lunch are provided
- Theory Session on Hygiene in the Kitchen, Kitchen Management, Food Storing and Measuring
Example of dishes taught
- Pasta: Mac & Cheese, Spaghetti Bolognaise, Broccoli and chicken pasta, Mushroom and bacon pasta
- Sauces: White sauce, Cheese sauce, Gravy
- Meat: Roast chicken with lemon and thyme, Roasted chicken pieces with bacon and onion, Chicken a la king, Mince and vegetables, Cottage Pie
- Fish: Haddock bake, fish cakes
- Vegetables: Broccoli/Cauliflower and cheese, Honey Glazed carrots, Roasted butternut, Green beans two ways, Gem squash, Roasted veg
- Starches: Rice, boiled potato, roast potato, mashed potato
- Salads: Mixed salad various ways, Chopped salad, Tuna Nicoise, Tuna salad (rice based), Nacho salad
- Desserts: Cheese cake, Malva pudding, Peppermint crisp tart, Chocolate brownies