Nanny Interview Questions
Here is a list of Super Nanny interview questions?
To learn more about your potential nanny, ask her questions such as the following during the nanny interview, and phrase them in a way that they require more than a yes or no answer.
- Why do you want this job?
- What was your last job and why did you leave it?
- What do you think a baby my child’s age needs most?
- How do you see yourself spending the day with a baby this age?
- When my baby starts getting more active and into mischief, how will you handle it?
- How do you discipline young children?
- How will you get to work on a daily basis? In bad weather?
- How long do you envision staying in this job?
- Do you have children of your own?
- Do you have any health issues?
Points to consider
During your nanny interview and throughout the trial period, take note of the following;
- Did the candidate arrive for the interview well groomed and neatly dressed?
- Does she have a sense of orderliness that is compatible with your own?
- Does she seem reliable and on time?
- Is she physically capable of handing a job?
- Does she seem good with the children?
- Does she seem intelligent?
- Are you comfortable with her?
It’s important to priorities your family’s needs and then look for a nanny with the right skills. There is no such thing as the perfect nanny.
References are important to check up on. Qualities to look for are a good attitude, honesty, reliability, shows initiative and a willingness to communicate and do the tasks the mother’s way. Her work ethic and attitude. Skills can always be taught. Remember to trust your gut instinct when making your choice.