CPR and First Aid Course for Parents
What we cover in our CPR & first aid courses
This is a basic CPR and First Aid course which is ideal for parents and aupairs whose role includes caring and looking after premature babies, infants, toddlers and young children. This First Aid course will sufficiently prepare the parent or aupair to handle an emergency in the home until trained help arrives. Preparation and prevention is always better than cure therefore we do spend time focusing on the emergency plan:
- How to prevent an emergency by making the home as safe as possible.
- How to prepare for an emergency so that it is handled effectively and quickly. Everyone in the home needs to be aware of the emergency plan e.g. knows where the first aid kit is, knows the emergency numbers etc.
- We review the emergency numbers for a cell phone and landline
- We provide a list of medicines that are recommended for the First Aid kit
Scheduled CPR Courses - Johannesburg
Scheduled CPR Courses - Cape Town
Techniques covered in training
- CPR in babies
- CPR in young children
- Choking in babies
- Choking in young children
- Fits & Fevers
- Broken bones, sprains and bruises
- Bites and stings
- Poison Emergencies
- Vomiting and Diarrhoea
- Fever management
During the First Aid course we provide hands-on practice in the skills of CPR and choking for children and infants, including the use of resuscitation masks. We practice our CPR on life size child and baby dolls. A workbook and certificate is provided to each participant during the course. The certificate is valid for two years. If you belong to Discovery Vitality, as a member you may also claim Vitality points through Discovery.
Super Nannies trainers are all registered with the Resuscitation Council of South Africa. The training material used for the CPR/choking component of the first aid course is in accordance with the requirements of both The American Heart Association and the Resuscitation Council of South Africa.