Nanny Training. Pretoria & Johannesburg
Nanny Training in Johannesburg and Pretoria
Our Johannesburg Training Course is held in Rivonia, Sandton and our Pretoria courses are held in Garsfontein.
Nanny Training Course
The nanny training comprises of four training modules. We teach 3hrs one morning a week for 4 weeks. The nannies have homework and are encouraged to practice what they have learnt. The nanny training modules are geared towards babies and children from birth to five years of age.
How we teach our nanny training courses?
Our experience comes through in the methodology we use to teach the nannies. Our trainers are either qualified teachers or facilitators. We take into account most of them are second languages learners so our content material is taught in a practical manner engaging group work. It is fun and interactive. The nannies leave our course feeling empowered in their new knowledge. It is amazing to see their learning positively affect their role at work and in their own community.
Why our nanny training course is credible:
Our nanny training manual is regularly updated with the guidance experts in the field of childcare and child education. Our group of experts comprise of two midwives, 2 pre-primary school teachers, an OT specialist and the input of mothers and more than 7 years of nanny training experience.
The First aid course training material used for the CPR/choking component of the course is in accordance with the requirements of The American Heart Association and with the Resuscitation Council of South Africa
Our play and stimulation module is endorsed by the Polkaspot Early Intervention Learning Centre. Working with an occupational therapist, we want to make sure that everything we teach is practical and current, while keeping it fresh and simple so your domestic worker or nanny understands the content, despite any language barriers.
What we teach in our nanny training:
- Routines, Time Management And Safety
- The importance of their role as a nanny
- Communication with the parents
- Understanding and following a routine
- How to manage childcare and housework
- Safety awareness – identifying hazards and creating a childproof home
- Understanding and preventing infectious diseases like HIV, TB & Hipatitus.
- First Aid Course
(endorsed by the American Heart Association and Resuscitation Council of SA)
- Identifying Emergency Numbers and a emergency plan
- CPR for babies and young children
- Choking on babies and young children
- Essential First Aid for all home emergencies
- Nutrition, Hygiene and Baby Care
- Understanding what is a healthy, balanced diet.
- Menu ideas for young children
- Weaning and introducing solids
- Tips and general information for difficult feeders, allergies etc
- Basic baby care regarding crying, bathing, feeding etc
- Personal and baby hygiene
- Stimulation and Play
- The importance of play
- Understanding development milestones
- How children learn through play and their senses
(Sensory Motor Development)
- Home games and play ideas
- Music and reading
- Fun in the kitchen
Please contact Carmen Hamman 072 7907337 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org